My Blog List

Monday, March 1, 2010

When Life Throws you Lemons!!!

Arghh, does anyone else feel this way lately!! Stressed out!!! I feel like this whole bad economy is affecting so many people around me, including me. I try to stay positive and remain hopeful and then something else happens to someone close to me and I get beat down again!! I'm still trying to squeeze my way into the health care industry, but dang it's so tough when you don't have direct work experience. I think I'm doing all the right things like working on a Masters degree in the field, volunteering at a hospice and looking and applying for jobs at least every day. But I feel like I'm head-butting a brick wall!!! And, the stress of it all caused an unnecessary fight with one of my best friends this week, who now could be potentially stuck jobless, due to a downsize.
Not to mention, I had a wicked cold this past week that interrupted my training schedule. I just couldn't bring myself to run the 7 miles that I was supposed to yesterday.
BUT, I woke up this morning refreshed that it was the start of the new week. And as I laid in bed this morning, I quietly went through in my mind all of the things that I am so very thankful for. I realize that my world and my problems PALE in comparison to what other people in this world are going through right now, such as the earthquake victims in Chile, or one of my classmates, who just lost her Dad to terminal cancer. In comparison, I am so blessed!! I'm thankful for my ability to use both of my arms and both of my legs, that I am in good health and I am surrounded by people who love and care for me.
After counting my blessings, I got myself out of bed and laced on my shoes and decided to tackle my 7 mile run today. I went incredibly slow and walked about a quarter of mile halfway through, but I made it!! I ran the other 6.75 miles and it felt good!! I felt my thoughts clear up and realized that I can make the best of my situation and I need to be strong and continue to push through, continue to visualize what my life will be and how I will eventually get that job that works out to be just right for me. It's a struggle sometimes, but I just need to focus on the positives in my life right now!!!
Wow! I feel so much better getting that out there!!!
Have a great week everyone!!!

7 comments:

  1. nice job getting your run in...I read your previous post about your garmin, I'm shopping for one myself. I do the same as you right now, use map my walk and my car to figure out my routes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running is such a great head clearer...glad you got yours in. And thanks for the reminder: times are tough but life is what we make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be hard to stay positive while looking for a job you want. This economy is not fun. You are right that there are a lot of things to be thankful for but I hope the job you want works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, that's why we run! It's the best therapy out there. Glad it cleared your head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Volunteering at a hospice sounds interesting! Glad you got your run in! That will relieve some of the stress. I know it does for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got your run in and that it made you feel better...I do hope you manage to find a job in your field. Hang in there, all in good time, things will fall into place...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great way to get yourself motivated when you just don't feel like it. Nice job getting it done. Please keep the faith and take care- it will get better.

    ReplyDelete