My Blog List

Friday, January 8, 2010

Rest Day and Yoga!!

I did another three miles yesterday on the treadmill and today is a rest day on the schedule. I'm using Hal Higdon's half marathon novice training schedule, by the way.
Rest days are perfect!!! I did a little yoga today for about a half an hour, hoping to stretch and loosen my muscles and back. I've been feeling a little pain in my lower back and my right hip. I'm hoping it will fade as I'm totally resting today. My finance class for my master's program starts tonight. We'll see how bad Friday night classes suck!!!
Tomorrow is cross-training day. I dvr'd a cardio program from fit TV, so I'm thinking I'll do that in the comfort of my own living room. I started listening to podcasts again on my ipod. I'm hoping these will help to pass the time more quickly during my long runs on Sundays.

1 comment:

  1. I've started listening to podcasts too!! I had to do a 6 mile run Saturday and I was shocked at how it distracted me and kept my mind off any discomfort--much better than music in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete